Adelaide Cabaret Festival is offering a new initiative giving professional, early-career Australian artists support and mentorship over a week long residency to develop ideas and content for solo cabaret work. Each artist will receive a bespoke program suited to their needs ranging from musicianship and performance to design, direction and writing. The week will bring performance opportunities, a pass to as many Adelaide Cabaret Festival shows as the chosen artists can see and no pressure to deliver fully formed content. A space to grow, inspire and create.
These Australian-based artists will be chosen by the festival’s Artistic Director and producing team based on the following attributes:
- Aspiration to develop further as an artist in the cabaret field.
- Ambition and ability to take their work to the next level
- Potential to become a leading cabaret artist in Australia with a distinctive creative voice.
- Ambition and dedication to create a fully realised, original cabaret work with touring potential and commercial appeal.
- Strong level of performance skills in areas such as singing, comedy, acting, storytelling, music and creative writing.
The aim of Space to Create is to provide an inspiring experience for early career artists who have the talent and passion to work as a professional cabaret performer but would benefit from an opportunity to hone their craft to take them to the next level. The selected artists will have the opportunity to perform at the festival’s Backstage Club, Piano Bar and Closing Gala as well as other opportunities to showcase their newly developed work.
Dates: Sunday 16 June – Sunday 24 June, 2018
The Adelaide Cabaret Festival will provide the following:
- Domestic flights
- Accommodation & meal vouchers
- Adelaide Cabaret Festival Artist Passes
- Rehearsal space & masterclasses with the festival’s Artistic Director, writers and performers
- Professional head shots for promotional use.
- Allocated producer, musical director and/or resident director
Applications are now closed. Thank you to all those who applied.